The following facilities are available for cultural programmes only at SNA Headquarter, located in Meghdoot Complex, New Delhi. Two auditoriums MEGHDOOT THEATRE I & III are ideal venues for cultural events with 200 and 100 seating capacity respectively. The both auditoriums have an elaborate sound, light system, with stage, green rooms, control room and fresh rooms.
The Meghdoot Theatre-I (Open Air) is an ideal open-air venue for conducting cultural programs, workshops, seminars, etc. It can accommodate 200 people maximum. It has an elaborate sound, light system with the control room.
Meghdoot Theatre (Open Air) - Stage
The Meghdoot Theatre-III (Indoor) is an ideal venue for conducting cultural programs, workshops, seminars, etc. It can accommodate 100 people maximum. It has an elaborate sound, light system with the control room.
The Sangeet Natak Akademi is located opposite to Doordarshan Building from the hustle bustle of traffic providing it an extra edge over the other venues. It is easily accessible by public transportation. Any party intending to book SNA facility should enquire from the Sangeet Natak Akademi Office regarding the availability of the facility on the required date or dates. This can be done either through contact number + 91-11- 23387246/47/48 or through a personal visit. In case the required date is available the party may request the concerned SNA person to block the relevant date or dates so that the booking formalities can be completed.
After this the party is required to fill out a Meghdoot Theatre Booking form giving all details of the event. This form can either be collected from the SNA Office or downloaded it from the SNA Website. A duly filled up form along with the booking charges paid via DD or NEFT should be submitted to the concerned SNA person before 2 month of the booking date.
Lastly, the SNA would like to mention that at the time of the event, gate control and ushering of the spectators into the facility and guiding them is the sole responsibility of the booking party. We would also like to highlight that it is absolutely essential that the number of spectators admitted into the facility should not exceed the maximum limit mentioned above.
Guidelines & Charges for Booking of Megdoot Theater- I or III
1. The hiring charges for Meghdoot Theatre I (without Light, Sound & Genset) and Meghdoot III is as per the following categories:
i) From Fellows of the Akademi (per day)- Rs. 30,000/- plus GST
ii) From Awardees of the Akademi (per day)- Rs. 40,000/- plus GST
iii) From Commercial, NGO or Others (per day)- Rs. 50,000/- plus GST
The above rates are inclusive of minimum light equipments to be provided to the above categories of Artists/instituitions as per their requirements by SNA. However, all sound equipments will have to be arranged by the concerned artists/instituitions.
Apart from the above Rs. 25000/- refundable security deposit is also required to be submitted by all Artists/organizations, which will be refunded after completion of the programme after adjusting any losses etc. (if any).
2. All applications should be accompanied with the requisite fee along with security deposit by way of NEFT/Cheque/DD in favor of Secretary Sangeet Natak Akademi.
3. All applications for hiring of space in Meghdoot Theatre should reach the office of Secretary, at least 02 months in advance.
4. The number of hoarding and places for mounting will be decided with the prior approval of the Akademi.
5. Applicant organizations/individuals will have to ensure that all properties and stage props are fire proof.
6. Smoking consumption of liquor, drinks and eatables, carrying of firearms weapons, briefcases, transistors, handbags etc will not be allowed within the premises.
7. Any performance, resulting in harm or injury to any artists/audience will be the personal responsibility of the individual/organization and Sangeet Natak Akademi will bear no responsibility what so ever for the mishap.
8. Open fire and fire crackers on stage will not be permitted.
9. Sale of commercial item or products will not be allowed. Related material such as books, CDs etc will allowed only after taking prior permission of the Akademi.
10. Fixing of nails, tacks, tapes, posters, etc. on any of the walls and stage area will be strictly prohibited.
11. The permission to use the Meghdoot Theatres will not confer any right on the individual/organization to claim any damages in what so ever manner Sangeet Natak Akademi.
12. The permission granted to any individual/organization can be cancelled at any given time at the discretion of the Sangeet Natak Akademi. In such cases all fees paid will be refunded without any interest within 07 working days of intimation.
13. Refunded security deposit will be returned within 07 working days of completion of the event/programme subject to inspection by the Akademi officials. Any damages to the stage/fixtures/fittings etc. will be final and binding.
14. All aspects of the programme viz. Stage, backstage, security, light & Sound, refreshments etc. will have to be arranged by the individual/organization
15. All mandatory requisite permissions from the Govt department’s viz. NDMC, Police, Fire department, Entertainment office etc. as mandated under rules will have to be obtained by the individual/organization themselves.
16. In the event of cancellation of the programme by the Artist/Institution/Organization, amount of 25% will be deducted from the maintenance charges paid in advance to Sangeet Natak Akademi.
17. In the event of any dispute relating to the booking of Meghdoot Theatre, decision of the Chairman, Sangeet Natak Akademi will be final and binding on all parties.
Also there is a need to prevent spread of COVID-19.
Hence following points may please be followed before and after each programme at Meghdoot by the hiring agency:
1. Proper Sanitization of Meghdoot before and after the programme.
2. Must maintain social distancing i.e. distance of 6 feet.
3. Wearing of Mask should be mandatory.
4. Hand sanitization of all audience
5. Temperature Checking
6. Capacity should be half of the Auditorium i.e. 100 & 50 respectively.
Copyright 2023 © Sangeet Natak Akademy. All rights reserved.